Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Here is some additional information that will help you with your coursework:
Search Engines and Indexes
Metasearch engines: The websites search multiple search engines, make searching easier:
Helpful search resources on-line: These indexes will provide you will different places to go for information online.
Things to remember...
Things to remember when working on an assignment:
- Check your syllabus and follow the directions given by your professor.
- Be sure to cite your sources. Using materials without a proper citation is plagiarism.
- Do not wait until last minute to do your research, papers will take time.
- Ask your professor or a librarian for help.
- The writing center is available on Paris campus for additional assistance. Call 903-782-0314 for hours or go to room AD 125 (administration building) to set up an appointment.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask for clarification and additional details.
Google provides access to older books and materials that have an expired copyright or have been published in a open acess format. Search here to find materials that may assist you in your classwork:
The PJC writing lab is available to assist you! The writing center is located in the administration building in room 125 (at the end of the English hall).
- Monday - Wednesday 730am - 900pm
- Thursday 730am - 900pm
- Friday 730am - 330pm
Call the Writing Center at 903-782-0314 for more information.