Collection Development Request
Inter and Intra Library loans
· Books not owned by Paris Junior College may be borrowed from other libraries and are subject to the lending library’s circulation policy.
· You must fill out a form with author, title, date of publication and ISBN number and submit to the circulation desk personnel. It will take at least 5 days to receive the book.
· The borrower must pay the return postage.
· Many out-of-state libraries that are not members of TexShare may charge a fee.
· Periodicals are available in the TexShare databases and most are full text but if full text is not available, periodical articles can be requested by filling out a form at the circulation desk. You will need author, title of article, periodical, page numbers, date, volume number and issue number. You will receive copies of the articles. There may be a copy charge and/or usage fee assessed by the owning institution.
· Materials from the three campuses can be requested by currently enrolled students, faculty and/or staff.
· Materials can be requested by either using the online catalog or by filling out a request slip at the circulation desk.
· Periodical articles not found in full text in the TexShare databases and owned by the Paris campus can be copied and faxed to the GC and SSC libraries. There is a fee of 10 cents per page for duplication. Copies from microfilm are 25 cents a page.
· There is a form to be filled out for periodical article requests that will include, author, title of article, periodical, date and page numbers.
On line Catalog
The catalog is available for your research needs. Type in the title of your book you are studying or the author and you will find materials to assist you with your paper. Use the subject search with search terms to find additional resources.
ACCESSING DATABASES FROM OFF CAMPUS:
1. Go to Paris Junior College Homepage at www.parisjc.edu
2. Click on informative.
3. Select Library Services.
4. Under Library Links click on Databases (off-campus login).
5. User name is your staff
6. Password is your birthday (dragon24).
To access the academic databases from home, go to this URL:
If you have any questions or problems please email jjackson or call 903-782-0215
Office: LRC 104